ShelterMe is a directory of services for people experiencing, or at risk of, homelessness in the Northern Territory. ShelterMe is funded by the NT Government through the Department of Territory Families, Housing and Communities, and managed by NT Shelter.
Yilli Housing YiSSA short stay accommodation
YiSSA is a short-stay accommodation program located at 55 Batten Road, Marrara.
YiSSA offers accommodation for independent visitors from remote communities who have not been able to get a place to stay in the commercial market or with their families. There are 50 ensuite rooms available for independent visitors. Other rooms are dedicated to case managed clients through appointed service providers and emergency situation such as cyclone and COVID lockdown.
Contact and enquiries:
Phone: 08 89350150
Email: [email protected]
Address: 55 Batten Road, Marrara NT 0812
Reception opens from 7am-9.30pm, 7 days a week
- YiSSA rooms are in high demand, please contact YiSSA to check for room availability.
- At this stage, YiSSA does not take advance bookings, except for bookings made by registered service providers through purchase orders. Thank you.
Who can stay at YiSSA?
- A person who is visiting Darwin
- A person who is independent and able to pay
- A person who is respectful to Larrakia tradition and expectations
Who can’t stay at YiSSA?
- Highly intoxicated people
- Aggressive and disrespectful people
- People who require special health support (i.e. Mental Health, Aged Care etc.)
- Children not supported by parents/ carers
$30/ night for 1 person
$40/night for 2 people
- Key deposit: $50
- Fees to be paid one week in advance
- Price includes breakfast, lunch & dinner
- Max 2 adults or 1 adult & 1 child in a room
- Min stay: 1 night, max stay: 28 nights
YWCA Australia – Housing Support Program
The Housing Support Programs consists of Independent Living – Medium Term Accommodation and Short Term Emergency Accommodation (up to 3 months) for young people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. YWCA is also available to offer outreach services to assist clients with maintaining existing tenancies.