Care for Others
Carers NT is A Not-for-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of carers in the Northern Territory.
Carers are people who provide unpaid care & support to family & friends living with disability, chronic or terminal illness, mental illness, drug or alcohol issues or someone who is frail and aged.
Carers NT is inclusive of all carers and the people they care for, no matter their age, background, ethnicity, religious beliefs or sexual orientation.
Our vision is to have a community in which carers are recognised and valued as a significant asset in which they have access to timely and appropriate services.
We do this by promoting awareness of carers with government funders and the broader community and by giving carers and the person they care for access to services like respite, counselling, music therapy, volunteer support, peer support, advice and information, education and advocacy.
The mental health team at Carers NT offers education and training resources and skills for carers to help them sustain their caring role. We do this by facilitating Accredited Mental Health, Suicide Prevention and Self-Destructive Behaviour workshops which enables carers to identify signs of an impending mental health issue or crisis and provides the tools to assist in increasing the carer’s awareness in mental health, suicide prevention and behavioural issues.
These services help carers build their own capacity and ease some of the pressure for them and their families.
Kalunga Supported Care
KSC’s services include:
• Living and Life Skills – such as assisting with financial management, communication skills and lifestyle mentoring;
• Personal Activities – such as housework, laundry, shopping, personal hygiene, dressing, preparation or supply of meals and medication assistance;
• Community Participation – including supported shopping, medical appointments, sporting and recreational events, social activities, visiting or making new friends, travel, transport, building confidence and social skills;
• Respite – in home and centre-based;
• Group and Centre-based Activities – such as social outings and group and social activities on KSC’s premises;
• Life Stages and Transitions – supporting school leavers and those moving out of home or moving from group to independent living to make the transition on their own terms and in a way that meets their goals and aspirations.
KSC supports clients of all ages (children, adults and seniors) and with any disability (including physical, intellectual, multiple disabilities and mental illness).
Kalunga Supported Care utilises a collaborative, person centred model, that focuses on supporting the specific needs and goals of each person, so that they feel empowered towards their potential, living a life in line with their personal values, personal goals and long-term aspirations.
Life Without Barriers NT
Life Without Barriers supports people with disability to gain their independence, develop new skills and be active in their community.
Our services are tailored to meet your individual needs, giving you choice and control with how you live your life.
We are a registered NDIS provider and offer the following services:
- Support coordination,
- Shared and Suported Living (SIL), including personal care,
- Community (lifestyle) supports,
- Health, therapy and wellbeing supports.
We can also help you explore ways to maximise your NDIS package, or your budget if you are self-funded.
For more information about our disability supports visit www.lwb.org.au/services/disability