Children & Families
TeamHEALTH provide services and support to Territorians who have a mental health concern or are vulnerable and disadvantaged. This could include supporting people when they come out of hospital, or when they become unwell, to regain confidence and connections. Perhaps it’s gaining safe and secure housing, getting a job or gaining new skills. It’s about supporting them to undertake daily tasks that are often taken for granted. It’s listening to and understanding what an individual wants and utilising the strengths and resources they have or that are available to them – so they can create their best life.
- Types of support available:
- Individual support for adults
- Centre Based Support for adults
- Support for Older Adults
- Support Coordination for individuals with an NDIS package
- Child, Youth and Family Support
- Housing Support
- Residential Support
- Education and Training
As an independent, membership-driven, not-for-profit association, we work with our members to support and strengthen AOD service delivery for people who experience harmful substance use in the NT.
Our mission is to build and maintain a strong, sustainable and culturally diverse Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) sector that works together to reduce alcohol and other drug related harm across the Northern Territory.
TeamHEALTH Child and Family Wellbeing Service
Our Child and Family Wellbeing team work with children aged 0 to 18 years old, who are showing early signs of, or are at risk of developing a mental illness. We provide practical outreach supports that are flexible and personalised to the needs of the young person and their family. We work collaboratively with families, care givers, schools and other supports to assist with mental health concerns.
- Short term for up to 6 weeks, with information and referrals to other services as required
- Long term, more intensive supports are tailored to each family’s needs
- Case management and support for young people and their families
- Creating a family action plan to achieve identified goals
- Education and workshops for children, young people and their families about mental health, wellbeing and strengthening community connections
- Participate alongside other families in a range of events
- Community engagement including educational, school-based workshops and community group sessions
Territory Child Care Group
Territory Child Care Group offers a range of high quality education and care services including Darwin Family Day Care, Murraya Children’s Centre, Bees Creek Outside School Hours and Vacation Care.
Darwin Family Day Care is a home based option where children attend in a small group setting in the Educators home.
Murraya Children’s Centre in Leanyer is a centre-based education and care service for children aged birth to five.
We also provide recreation based School Aged program, Bees Creek Outside School Hours and Vacation Care in the Bees Creek Primary School.
The Smith Family – Communities for Children
Communities for Children Facilitating Partner (CfC FP) is a place based initiative, using a whole of community approach to support and enhance early childhood development and wellbeing for children from birth to 12 years.