Crisis accommodation Gove provides the highest of client care, confidentiality and support to all women and children experiencing domestic or family violence in an environment that is non-discriminatory, participatory, and culturally respectful.
The service is committed to promoting the health, wellbeing, and safety of all our clients and their families. A team of Support Workers and a Family & Children Support Worker provide 24/7 assistance.
Providing education and resources relating to domestic or family violence and involvement in community development activities.
Provision of support services to women and children who are at risk of or are experiencing domestic or family violence. Advocacy, information, education, referrals to empower women & their families towards self care, and self resilience in community life.’
Northern Territory Police, Fire and Emergency Services – Reaching the Hard to Reach
The aim of the presentation is to provide all family carers access to basic home fire safety information to enhance their safety; and the safety of the people for whom they provide care. The presentation covers:
- Smoke Alarms – legislation; types of smoke alarms; placement; maintenance.
- Risk reduction – in the kitchen; laundry; electrical; general and outdoors.
- Evacuation – being prepared; evacuation in an emergency; guidance if you are unable to get out of Rural Environments.
Salvation Army – Alice Springs Men’s Hostel
This service exists to provide accommodation for homeless men, without discrimination. In the provision of this service we aim to build supportive relationships with our clients in a positive environment in accordance with Christian faith and practice. We aim to empower clients to make lifestyle choices that will enhance their quality of life and assist them to live independently.
- Accommodation, meals and support to homeless men
- Referrals to appropriate services for assistance
- Support to clients living in the community
We have 21 beds for young men over age 18, catering in particular for those with mental health issues. The accommodation is meant to be short-term so we endeavour to help them to find more stable accommodation if they wish to remain in Alice Springs.
We provide 3 meals a day and provide support through referrals to employment agencies, medical treatment, counselling and the Positive Lifestyle course where it is appropriate.
Most of the accommodation is single room with shared bathroom facilities. We also have some single rooms with ensuites.
Salvation Army – Red Shield Hostel
The Red Shield Hostel provides short to 6 month accommodation for singles over 18 who are at risk of homelessness. Residents have access to our Street 2 Home, Door Ways and Positive Lifestyle programs all designed to assist people back into mainstream society and out of poverty.
Red Shield Housing Services
- Budget priced single rooms for vulnerable singles over 18 who are deemed to be at risk of homelessness
- All rooms are accessed via internal staircases
- There are no lifts in the building
- Bookings can be made between 9am and 3:30pm daily
- Rent is payable in advance, we do not give credit
- Promotes a drug-free, alcohol-free, and violence-free environment
- Guests are required to observe hostel rules
- No pets allowed
- Rooms are available on a 6 month basis.
- Rooms are fan cooled and contain a single bed, table, chair, storage cupboards and small fridge
- Hostel staff service all rooms on a weekly basis and provide fresh linen
- Communal kitchen, male and female amenities are located on each level of the building
- Coin operated laundry is located on the ground floor
Street2Home Case Management Program
As part of the Red Shield Hostels commitment to empowering clients, we offer a case management program called Street2Home.
What can you expect?
- Weekly meetings with your case worker, and more frequently if required.
- Help with establishing goals in your life and support from your case worker to achieve these
- Encouragement to participate in programs run by other organisations
- Support from your case worker to take initiative and be self supported
- Regular social outings and involvement in cultural activities
- Assistance completing applications and referrals for other helpful services
- Understanding when things might not go as planned
What do we expect from you?
- Commitment to attend weekly meetings with your case worker
- Honesty when discussing current situations
- A willingness to complete and submit a Territory Housing application
- An attitude of willingness and self betterment
- Evidence of making progress and achieving your goals
- Respect, for yourself and others
Salvation Army – Towards Independence Program
We provide confidential, transitional housing and outreach support program that can assist families to move from a crisis situation to living independently in their community.
Families are referred from other Salvation Army services and various community organizations. Eligibility is determined through meeting with families and discussing their situation
HOW DO WE ASSIST?
- Offer transitional housing
- Provide ongoing regular outreach support
- Assist families with their physical and material needs
- Assist in the development of a support plan
- Provide referrals to other services (eg. Children’s services, counselling, legal services)
- Help to secure permanent housing
- Talk to other services on your behalf
- Provide guidance to appropriate life skills (eg. Parenting, budgeting, cooking etc)
- Access to support networks, home visits, recreational activities and social events.
ShelterMe is a directory of services for people experiencing, or at risk of, homelessness in the Northern Territory. ShelterMe is funded by the NT Government through the Department of Territory Families, Housing and Communities, and managed by NT Shelter.
TeamHEALTH is a for purpose organisation that supports people dealing with mental health concerns or mental illness. We seek to create community capacity for good mental health so that all people may lead a full and valued life. We are the only non-faith based, grass-roots mental health organisation that focuses its operations only in the Northern Territory (NT).
Based in Darwin, TeamHEALTH provides evidence based mental health services, focused on support, recovery and rehabilitation across Darwin, Palmerston and the regional and remote communities of the Northern Territory’s Top End. This includes Katherine, Maningrida, and Gunbalanya.