Health & Wellbeing
Australian Health Promotion Association NT Branch
AHPA NT is your professional body when you work in the field of health promotion, and is a great place to network with other like-minded public health professionals.
The NT Branch is the leading health promotion association in the NT, dedicated to advocacy in health, improving professional development, networking opportunities and communication between health promoters.
Key priorities for the NT Branch include:
• Advocacy – We are committed to advocacy at the local, or territory level on a range of health and related social issues. AHPA NT is a member of NT Council for Social Service (NTCOSS) and Multicultural Council for NT (MCNT).
• Professional Development – We organise and collaborate with existing health professional bodies and support innovative ways to build capacity and the local workforce.
• Scholarships – We provide financial support for NT Branch Members to access and attend professional development opportunities intra- and inter-state.
• Communication – We co-facilitate ongoing networking opportunities for health promotion professionals in the NT.
• Mentoring – We encourage early-career health professionals to be engaged and assisted through AHPA’s National Mentoring Program
Australian Red Cross
Red Cross mobilises the power of humanity to bring people and communities together in times of need and builds on community strengths to achieve the following outcomes.
- Disasters and emergencies in Australia – Communities are prepared and resilient to the increasing number of climate-related disasters and other emergencies.
- International disasters – In Asia Pacific and globally, communities have an increased capacity to prepare for, anticipate, respond to and recover from disasters and crises.
- Migrants in transition -Refugees, people seeking asylum and people in immigration detention experience a safe, fair, welcoming and inclusive world.
- Laws of war – Better humanitarian outcomes are reached for people and communities impacted by armed conflicts.
- First Nations peoples -First Nations peoples and communities build on their strengths to lead systematic changes and have more opportunities to shape their own futures.
- People in the justice system – As many people as possible never reach the justice system and those who come out of the system are supported to participate in society.
- Community services – People falling through the gaps, including those experiencing homelessness and loneliness are supported, feel included and empowered in society.
- Lifeblood – Life-giving blood, plasma, transplantation and biological products for world-leading health outcomes.
We provide best practice, patient centered primary health care surrounding you with all the support you need to put you in control of your health and well-being.
As first contact for your health needs, we will deliver responsible, long-term, person-focused care, professionally and ethically.
We are a private billing general practice, offering a range of care in child, maternal, women’s and men’s health. We have highly skilled doctors with credentialed expertise in a range of fields.
You can sight our range of services on our website.
Bereaved Parent Support NT Inc T/as Amber NT
We provide confidential, non-clinical, non-financial support to anyone who has lost a child from conception to 18 years. This loss can be through miscarriage, stillbirth, termination, SUDI (Inc. SIDS, sudden illness, youth suicide and accidents.
We also support families with pregnancies after loss, helping to relieve common anxieties.
Our Support Officers are mobile and can meet clients a various different locations around Darwin, Palmerston and the surrounds.
Support can be face to face or via the use of technology.
Our free telephone and online counselling service is open 24/7 for everyone in Australia.
No matter who you are, or how you’re feeling, reach out to our free counselling services for support – we’ll point you in the right direction so you can get the help you need.
Get free, confidential telephone counselling (local call costs apply). Most calls last around 20 minutes – 1300 22 4636.
Experienced online counsellors are here 24/7 at our Webchat Support Service. All webchats are free and you don’t have to tell us your name if you don’t want to – https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/talk-to-a-counsellor
Binjari Health Clinic
Wurli manages the Binjari Health Centre located 15 kilometres west of Katherine in the Binjari Community. Residents and visitors of Binjari can access a full range of effective and culturally competent primary health care services from the Clinic as well as access referrals into Wurli’s Community Services and Chronic Conditions Clinic available.
The Clinic promotes and protects health and wellbeing by encouraging the adoption of healthy behaviours, controlling the spread of disease and preventing harm and injury while influencing the social determinants of health.
Birth & Beyond Parent Resource Centre
PREGNANCY, BIRTH AND PARENTING SUPPORT
Birth and Beyond Alice Springs is a community based, not-for-profit organisation dedicated to providing quality support, education and resources for pregnancy, birth and parenting.
- Equipment Hire (breast pumps, birthing pools, TENS machines)
- Antenatal Classes, Workshops for Pregnancy, Birth and Parenting
- Parenting support Meetups and Information Sessions
- Pregnancy, Birth and Parenting Library (books & DVDs, with over 500 titles)
Find us on Facebook: Birth and Beyond Alice Springs
Blink is a Darwin-based orthoptic service specialising in vision care for children and the vision impaired. Orthoptists are university-trained allied health professionals who specialise in the delivery of eye care including visual rehabilitation. We can provide vision assessments, education on different types of eye conditions and their associated vision loss, recommendations for aids and eye therapy to help maximise a client’s residual vision and optimise their visual functionality.
Body in Balance Dietetics
Body in Balance Dietetics is a Darwin based practice that provides high quality nutrition and dietetic services to people living in the Northern Territory.
Our Accredited Practising Dietitians understand that there is no one-size-fits-all approach when it comes to diet and nutrition and that there are many ways to have a healthy diet and lifestyle.
We will work with you to develop personalised nutrition plans that consider your unique medical history, goals and lifestyle. The support and advice we provide will be tailored for you and grounded in the best available evidence and health research.
- Aboriginal Healing
- Aboriginal Primary Health Care
- Allied Health
- Child Health
- Community Health
- General Practitioners
- Health Education & Promotion
- Men’s Health
- Mental Health
- Nutrition & Dieticians
- Patient Support
- Peer Support Services
- Pregnancy & Birth
- Reproductive Health
- Sexual Health
- Transgender & Gender Diverse Health
- Women’s Health