Anglicare NT – headspace Katherine (Primary)
headspace Katherine is a free and confidential service that can help young people aged 12 to 25 with their mental health and wellbeing. headspace Darwin provides assistance in four key areas: Mental Health,Physical and Sexual Health,Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) and Vocational Support. Regular outreach visits occur in specific remote communities within the region. Clinical services are provided by registered allied health practitioners,which include private providers who deliver services under Medicare Benefits Scheme (MBS) and Access to Allied Psychological Services (ATAPS).
CatholicCare NT – Family and Relationship Counselling
Our family and relationship counselling helps children, young people and adults to develop safe and supportive family relationships. We work with families to support wellbeing.
How we help
We provide counselling to help couples and families manage issues that can arise from relationship changes, separation or divorce. We help couples and families develop the skills they need to maintain positive and stable relationships with each other.
What is the referral process?
Individuals, family members and service providers can refer people to this program.
Congress – Social & Emotional Wellbeing Service
Our Social & Emotional Wellbeing Service provides Aboriginal people and their families including children and adolescents with holistic and culturally appropriate primary health care for social and cultural wellbeing, mental health and community connectedness including:
- confidential counselling and psychological services including psycho-education;
- social and cultural support including case management, Women’s and Men’s bush trips, art therapy, access to local language speakers and connection to country;
- drug and alcohol treatment for Aboriginal people experiencing the effects of harmful alcohol and alcohol use; and
- a dedicated GP service.
Danila Dilba Health Service
Danila Dilba Health Service is an Aboriginal community-controlled organisation providing culturally-appropriate, comprehensive primary health care and community services to Biluru (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) people in the Yilli Rreung (greater Darwin) region of the Northern Territory.
As an Aboriginal Medical Service, services are provided for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and singles.
Danila Dilba offers a wide range of medical and support services including:
- Specialist health and clinical services including audiology, paediatrics, ear, nose and throat, podiatry, physiotherapy, colonoscopy, and treatment for diabetes and asthma. Specialist medical physicians are also available.
- Youth services including activities, counselling and support for children and young people. Counselling may deal with stress, trauma, anxiety, depression, postnatal depression, loss and grief, relationship difficulties, sexuality and domestic violence.
- School based health checks for students.
- Dental checks and flouride treatments for children.
- Don Dale Youth Support provides health care and support to children in detention, providing therapeutic group work and one-on-one support .
- Deadly Choices is an early intervention and prevention program that compliments Danila Dilba Health Service’s clinical programs. Deadly Choices aims to empower Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to make healthy choices for themselves and their families.
- Alcohol and Other Drugs provides support to clients and their families who are impacted by alcohol or drugs. The team provides a service to Indigenous people that is accessible, confidential and meets the clients’ cultural needs.
- Tackling Indigenous Smoking helps Indigenous people develop quit smoking skills through tailored and culturally safe services including one-on-one consultations around motivation, education, goal setting and clinical advice.
- Well Women’s Clinic with referrals as necessary, offering family planning and fertility advice, pregnancy testing and advice, pap smears, breast examination and rubella immunisations. The clinic also focuses on the early detection and treatment of chronic diseases.
- Women’s groups including screening and monitoring of health for infants and children under five years old, in addition to advice about health concerns for parents with children in this age group.
- Australian Nurse-Family Partnership Program provides parenting support through a sustained home visiting program that supports women pregnant with an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait child and her family to improve their own health and the health of their baby.
- The Men’s Clinic specializes in men\\\’s health issues and focuses on the early detection and treatment of chronic diseases.
- The Mobile Unit offers health services for those most at risk of preventable diseases: frail, aged, those who have disabilities and are unable to attend the health service and for those who do not have transport.
- Social and emotional wellbeing counselling and support offered for those affected as a result of the Stolen Generations.
- Social and emotional wellbeing support for members of the Indigenous community who have mental health issues or emotional difficulties.
- General counselling available for families and individuals dealing with stress, trauma, anxiety, depression, postnatal depression, loss and grief, relationship difficulties, sexuality and domestic violence.
- Sexual health services including testing, counselling and medical treatment for HIV/AIDS and other sexually transmissible infections.
- The Syphilis Enhanced Response Team provides an enhanced time-to-treat service in response to the syphilis outbreak.
- Care Co-Ordination provides care and intensive support for clients with complex needs.
- Legal Health Mob is a health-justice partnership with NT Legal Aid, providing a lawyer and support worker to attend Danila Dilba clinics and assist with a wide range of family, financial and health matters.
- Aboriginal Healing
- Aboriginal Primary Health Care
- Allied Health
- Child Health
- Community Health
- General Practitioners
- Health Education & Promotion
- Men’s Health
- Mental Health
- Nutrition & Dieticians
- Patient Support
- Peer Support Services
- Pregnancy & Birth
- Reproductive Health
- Sexual Health
- Transgender & Gender Diverse Health
- Women’s Health