Migration Services & Agents
Australian Red Cross
Red Cross mobilises the power of humanity to bring people and communities together in times of need and builds on community strengths to achieve the following outcomes.
- Disasters and emergencies in Australia – Communities are prepared and resilient to the increasing number of climate-related disasters and other emergencies.
- International disasters – In Asia Pacific and globally, communities have an increased capacity to prepare for, anticipate, respond to and recover from disasters and crises.
- Migrants in transition -Refugees, people seeking asylum and people in immigration detention experience a safe, fair, welcoming and inclusive world.
- Laws of war – Better humanitarian outcomes are reached for people and communities impacted by armed conflicts.
- First Nations peoples -First Nations peoples and communities build on their strengths to lead systematic changes and have more opportunities to shape their own futures.
- People in the justice system – As many people as possible never reach the justice system and those who come out of the system are supported to participate in society.
- Community services – People falling through the gaps, including those experiencing homelessness and loneliness are supported, feel included and empowered in society.
- Lifeblood – Life-giving blood, plasma, transplantation and biological products for world-leading health outcomes.
Darwin Asylum Seeker Support & Advocacy Network Incorporated (DASSAN)
DASSAN provides advocacy and support services that benefit asylum seekers in the community and in immigration detention in Darwin that include:
- Direct provision of welfare and emotional support to asylum seekers;
- Brokering for pro-bono legal, medical and housing services for asylum seekers;
- Supporting community members to advocate asylum seekers; and
- Promoting an awareness of the issues affecting asylum seekers.
Please note: DASSAN is volunteer run organisation, please make contact via our website https://www.dassan.org/ contact us page and someone will respond asap.