Crime & Victims Counselling
CatholicCare NT – Crime Victims Counselling Service
Being a victim of crime can affect your mental health and wellbeing. The Crime Victims Counselling Service provides counselling and support for people affected by crime. We make sure victims have the resources and support they need to move on with their lives.
We can help people who are the victim of a crime or who witness a crime. We can also help relatives and close friends of a victim.
Our counselling service is tailored to the needs of each client. Clients are entitled to up to eight clinical counselling sessions. Counselling can be face-to-face, by telephone or in a group setting.
We can assist with:
- Information and advice about the legal process and your rights
- Applications for compensation.
- Referrals to other support services
- Community education and training
People can refer themselves to this program. Service providers (including GPs and agencies) can also make referrals.
Call: 1800 899 855 (free call) to make a referral Email: CrimeVictims@catholiccarent.org.au
- Child Protection
- Community Education & Engagement
- Crime & Victims Counselling
- Domestic Violence Legal Services
- Employment Support
- Family Dispute Resolution
- Immigration & Visa Support
- Indigenous Legal Services
- Legal Advocacy
- Legal Assistance
- Senior & Disability Rights
- Tenancy Advice
- Victims of Crime
- Women’s Legal Services
- Youth Diversion