Crime & Victims Counselling
CatholicCare NT – Crime Victims Counselling Service
Being a victim of crime can affect your mental health and wellbeing. The Crime Victims Counselling Service provides counselling and support for people affected by crime. We make sure victims have the resources and support they need to move on with their lives.
We can help people who are the victim of a crime or who witness a crime. We can also help relatives and close friends of a victim.
Our counselling service is tailored to the needs of each client. Clients are entitled to up to eight clinical counselling sessions. Counselling can be face-to-face, by telephone or in a group setting.
We can assist with:
- Information and advice about the legal process and your rights
- Applications for compensation.
- Referrals to other support services
- Community education and training
People can refer themselves to this program. Service providers (including GPs and agencies) can also make referrals.
Call: 1800 899 855 (free call) to make a referral Email: CrimeVictims@catholiccarent.org.au
Community Justice Centre
The Community Justice Centre (CJC) is a Northern Territory Government service that provides free, confidential and professional alternative dispute resolution services for the Territory. For almost two decades, the CJC has been working with individuals and communities to actively manage and resolve conflict in a range of dispute contexts.
Our four service pillars are:
– mediation services
– restorative conferencing
– community peacemaking; and
– training and accreditation.
The CJC is a Recognised Mediator Accreditation Body and actively promotes the training and development of nationally accredited mediators.
Sexual Assault Referral Centre
Sexual assault referral centre (SARC) can give you support if you have experienced sexual assault.
Sexual assault can be verbal harassment, unwanted touching or an attack.
SARC provides the following services:
- counselling for adults and children who have been sexually assaulted at any time in their life
- information, support and counselling for non-offending parents, family members and partners
- education and information for community or professional groups
- support if you are going through a legal process
- protective behaviour for children
- working with other government agencies to work on prevention.
In the Darwin and Alice Springs SARC you can get 24hour access to medical, legal and counselling information. SARC provides NO FEE services.
- Child Protection
- Community Education & Engagement
- Crime & Victims Counselling
- Domestic Violence Legal Services
- Employment Support
- Family Dispute Resolution
- Immigration & Visa Support
- Indigenous Legal Services
- Legal Advocacy
- Legal Assistance
- Senior & Disability Rights
- Tenancy Advice
- Victims of Crime
- Women’s Legal Services
- Youth Diversion