Indigenous Legal Services

  • This service is claimed by and organisation
    Central Australian Aboriginal Family Legal Unit (CAAFLU)

    CAAFLU provides culturally appropriate legal and support services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who have experienced or are experiencing domestic and family violence or sexual assault.

    • legal advice and representation
    • advocacy
    • information
    • referrals
    • support


    Read more


  • This service is claimed by and organisation
    North Australian Aboriginal Justice Agency (NAAJA)

    We provide high quality advice and representation and advocate for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people living in Central Australia.

    Our vision is justice, dignity and equal rights and treatment before the law for Aboriginal people in Central Australia.  Services include:

    • Criminal Law
    • Civil Law
    • Family Law
    • Community Legal Education
    • Welfare Rights
    • Youth Justice Advocacy
    • Social Justice
    • Kunga Program

    Read more


  • This service is claimed by and organisation
    NTLAC Legal Advice

    You can get free legal advice for most problems by making an appointment to see a lawyer at your nearest Legal Aid office.

    Your nearest Legal Aid office runs clinics in family law, criminal law and civil law matters.

    You need to make an appointment to get legal advice.

    Call the Legal Aid Helpline on 1800 019 343. The Helpline operator will talk about what type of problem you need help with and connect you to the correct office at Legal Aid to make an appointment.

    You can get legal advice over the phone if you have a disability, live in a remote area, or are unable to get to an office in person.

    Read more

    NT Legal Aid Commission